Let's Get Started

Pick a Story

 

Select from map

Go To Map

A Creek Runs Through Here

CountyQuest - Home

Ameliasburgh Historical Museum
& Pioneer Village Ameliasburgh Historical Museum & Pioneer Village

The main structure was built in 1868 as the Wesleyan Methodist Church. Now the site features a log cabin, display barns, a blacksmith shop, a sap shanty, dairy and beekeeping buildings, and the Goldie Corliss 18 foot flywheel! A highlight is Amelia’s Tea Room, open during Special Events. The grounds are also home to the Victoria Schoolhouse operated by Quinte EducationalMuseum & Archives.

Admission: Contact:
Adults $4.00 613-968-9678 or 613-476-1159 x24
Seniors $3.00 amelmuseum@pecounty.on.ca
Children $2.00  
  Location:
Hours: 517 COUNTY ROAD 19,
AMELIASBURGH
From mid-May to early Oct.  
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily  
Closed Thursdays (Wednesdays & Thursdays in Fall)


More Info >>


 

Macaulay Heritage Park Macaulay

This attractive historic site features many points of interest: Macaulay house, built in 1830 and restored to 1850s; the old Church of St. Mary Magdalene; the original parish cemetery; historic gardens and an authentic carriage house.

Rev. William Macaulay organized the Parish of Hallowell in 1823 and was instrumental in the naming of the town of Picton.

Admission: Contact:
Adults $4.00 613-476-3833 or 613-476-1159 x24
Children $2.00 macmuseum@pecounty.on.ca
Family $10.00  
  Location:
  35 CHURCH STREET, PICTON
Hours:  

From mid-May thru June and Sept. to early Oct.
1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily (Closed Mondays)

July & Aug.
10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily (Closed Mondays)


More Info >>

 


 

Mariners Park Museum Mariners Museum

Mariners Park Museum explores the ways inhabitants of the County traditionally earned their living from the surrounding waters: from fishing and shipbuilding, through iceharvesting and rum-running. The lighthouse relocated from False Duck Island beckons visitors to the site, where they can also explore Fort Kente. The museum has become the home of many shipwreck treasures retrieved during diving expeditions.

Admission: Contact:
By donation 613-476-8392 or 613-476-1159 x24
  marinersmuseum@pecounty.on.ca
   
  Location:
  2065 COUNTY ROAD 13, SOUTH BAY
Hours:  

From mid-May thru June, and until mid-Sept.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Weekends Only)

July & Aug.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily (Closed Mondays)


More Info >>

 


 

Rose House MuseumRose House Museum

Rose House has survived since the early 1800s with few alterations, inhabited by five generations of the Rose family. Peter Rose arrived in Prince Edward County among the first Marysburgh settlers, made up largely of United Empire Loyalists and Hessian (German) soldiers who had fought for the British in the American Revolution. According to belief, Rose House is constructed from the salvaged timber from the community’s original Lutheran Church. Peter and his wife, Christina Bongard, raised a large family in this modest farmhouse.

Admission: Contact:
By donation 613-476-5439 or 613-476-1159 x24
  museums@pecounty.on.ca
   
  Location:
  3333 COUNTY ROAD 8, WAUPOOS
Hours:  

From mid-May thru June, and until mid-Sept.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Weekends Only)

July & Aug.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily (Closed Mondays)


More info >>

 


 

Wellington Heritage MuseumWellington Heritage Museum

Wellington Heritage Museum is located in the heart of the village of Wellington. It was built in 1885 as a Quaker Meeting House and now features exhibits on local history. Highlights include a tribute to the Quakers who played a notable role in the County’s development. In addition, the Douglas A. Crawford Canning Industry Collection conveys the importance of that industry in Prince Edward County. There were over 75 different canning factories operating here between 1882 and 1996.

Admission: Contact:
By donation 613-399-5015 or 613-476-1159 x24
  wellmuseum@pecounty.on.ca
   
  Location:
  290 MAIN ST. (HWY 33), WELLINGTON
Hours:  

From mid-May thru June and Sept. thru mid-Oct.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Fridays & Saturdays Only)

July & Aug.
10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily
(Closed Sundays & Mondays)


More info >>

 

 

ICON medai Prince Edward / Lennox & Addington Community Futures Development Corporation Prince Edward County Infolink Website Development

All Materials Copyright © 2008 CountyQuest. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use